Urban Design Proposal:
Multi Model Transport Hub For Fort Colombo
FORT COLOMBO: A NEW PARADIGM IN URBAN DESIGN FOR COLOMBO
Concept – “Urban density spurs innovation”
- By 2030, the population of Inner-city Colombo is expected to be at 3.5 million
- Urban Design aims and objectives
Approaches adopted in addressing the concerns over land scarcity, better distribution of good jobs and urban likeability through mixed-use integration and through the development of a new urban infrastructure.
Transit orientated Development (TOD) attempts to promote Integrated development with work-live-play-learn.
The main objectives of the master plan is to
- intensify land use, to enhance the connectivity,
- livability and vibrancy of an industrial township and existing structure with new port city Beira lake development with the city center through Public connectivity to increase the potential synergies between the old and the new.
- Public workable and cycling network linking North, South and East of Colombo with Port City.